BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS,
REPORTING SOFTWARE & DATA WAREHOUSES
Our business intelligence solutions empower your team to manage your business for greater profit with improved decision-making and enhanced strategic, tactical and operational insight. Our business intelligence solutions focus on your business needs, competitive positions, strategy and bottom line. We partner with you, actively listen and don’t build until we understand your organization’s needs and goals.
We also recognise that the IT Industry is notorious for bad customer service. We strive to be different by focussing on you and your satisfaction. Our hope is that you find us adaptable, creative, cooperative and responsive, with a genuine desire to be helpful.
OUR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SERVICES INCLUDE:
OUR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE PROJECTS INCLUDE:
Small Organisations (1 to 99 employees)
Small Organisations are typically managed through numerous unrelated systems. Management reports are created in Excel by manually consolidating multiple data sources, a process that ties up professional (and expensive) employees who could better used on more important issues.
In addition, these reports are susceptible to errors:
- The lack of a single source of numbers results in unreliable and inconsistent reports, reducing the credibility of the reporting team.
- Excel’s considerable flexibility is also its biggest downfall. It’s so easy to overwrite calculating cells with static values, have incorrect ranges for totals, or link to incorrect input cells etc. resulting in incorrect reports.
- Lack of standardised calculation methods results in arguments about the real numbers.
- Calculation methodologies change over time. This results in massive rework for apples-with-apples comparisons.
These errors however, are insignificant when compared to the losses and increased risk from suboptimal decision making due to a lack of up-to-the-minute, manager-specific information.
Small organisations typically lack the in-house capability to organically create business intelligence software. From our experience, they are looking for a flexible, cost effective business intelligence system tailored to their unique situation. In addition, the BI system must increase profit and productivity, whilst improving their competitive position.
At Net Assets, we work with you and your team to:
- Develop a data warehouse as a reporting repository for your disparate system data.
- Create data importation and clean up routines.
- Clean up your initial data and load a couple of prior years for comparison purposes.
- Set up key reports and dashboards.
- Train advanced users to write their own reports and extract data from analytical cubes for further analysis in excel.
- Author a standardised calculation manual that describes how organisational metrics are calculated. This is typically published on your intranet as a PDF that enables uniformity for all reporting.
Medium Organisations (100 to 999 employees)
Medium Organisations have business intelligence issues that range between those of small and large organisations. Some may have installed ERP solutions (Eg SAP) that don’t deliver the reporting that they are looking for. Others may have a data warehouse and reporting system but it may not work correctly. Or perhaps, the reporting systems are not used because they are obsolete, have ineffectual reports or data security concerns.
At Net Assets, we work with you and your BI team to:
- Move from reactive “historic” to proactive “real time” reporting
- Review and update the data warehouse and analytical cubes.
- Review and update reports and dashboards.
- Data mining for strategic opportunities in marketing, operations, logistics and procurement.
- Capturing new data sources (eg social media) or data from old paper or pdf sources.
Large Organisations (1000+ employees)
Large Organisations typically have an established data warehouse and BI reporting solution in place, staffed by an in-house team of BI and database techies. At Net Assets, we work with you and your BI team to:
- Develop complex reports, dashboards or mathematical algorithms.
- Short term report writing and contracting work when short staffed .
- Outsourced data cleansing, validation, verification and de-duplication, for marketing campaigns or when relocation data to new systems.
- Advanced data mining of internal and external data, including ‘social media’.
Ad Hoc Services
Feel free to contact us if you are looking for any data related services. For example we also provide:
- Cost effective document discovery process, where we work in conjunction with your in-house and external legal team to find, capture, categorise, discover and manage documents for litigation purposes.
- Automation of laborious, labour intensive business processes.
- Web scraping, web harvesting or web data extraction of factual and social data for research or data mining purposes.
We are confident that we can add significant value to your organisation by managing, using or reporting on your data in new ways. Feel free to contact Net Assets for a confidential, obligation free discussion about how we can assist you.